Recycled doormat Sustainability
Sustainability and Eco is at the heart of Ocean Mats. When we developed Ocean Mats recycled doormats, we did so with some core goals in mind; to reduce waste, to minimise our carbon footprint and to protect our limited resources and environment.
These 3 pillars; reduce, minimise, and protect run throughout our business:
- Our door mats are the size they are to reduce the amount of wastage and make maximum use of the material.
- Ocean Mats are made in the UK at a factory with a Zero to landfill policy.
- We developed our door mats to be long-lasting, reducing the amount of consumer goods going to landfill.
Minimising our carbon footprint
- Ocean Mats are made in the UK at a factory using renewable energy
- We recommend washing your door mat at 30°C and as they are naturally quick drying, there’s less energy required to launder your mat
- Consuming less - We developed Ocean Mats to be long-lasting and we guarantee them for 5 years
Protecting our resources and environment
- The Ocean Mat range is made from ECONYL® regenerated nylon made from waste such as fishing nets from the fish farming industry and other waste.
- We donate a percentage of our sales to Healthy Seas. This international organisation works to clean the oceans and seas of marine littler such as ghost fishing nets saving the needless death of marine animals
- We keep packaging to a minimum and choose recycled options and carbon neutral options such as mailing bags made from sugar cane.